A Dremel rotary tool is one of my favorite tools to play with so I want to spend more time to write how to get the most out of it. If you have seen the first part of this article, which I talked about choosing Dremel bits for wood carving then this one is for people who are looking for good Dremel bits to cut wood.
- Best Dremel Bit For Cutting Wood with Reviews
- Dremel SM700 Piece, Saw Max Cutting Kit for Wood
- Dremel US700 Ultra-Saw 6-Piece Cutting Wheel Kit for Wood
- Dremel MM389 Cutting Accessory Kit for Cutting Wood, 5-Piece
- Dremel MM720 Yoke Cutting Accessory Kit
- Dremel MM480B Wood Flush Cut Blades for Cutting Wood, 3-Pack
- BaiFM 20PCS Wood/Metal Oscillating Multitool Quick Release Saw Blades Fit Fein Multimaster Porter Cable Black & Decker Bosch Dremel Craftsman Ridgid Ryobi Makita Milwaukee Dewalt Rockwell
Best Dremel Bit For Cutting Wood with Reviews
Here is our list of the top 8 Dremel Bits for cutting wood on the market at this moment.
561 Multipurpose Cutting Bit for Wood
This cutting bit converts whatever Dremel rotary gadget you are using into a rotary saw, which is quite easy to use. With this product, you get the ability to cut not only wood but also aluminum, fiberglass, laminate, vinyl siding, drywall laminate, and plastics.
- Features and specs
It has a 0.125mm steel shank
It is 3.2 mm bit
- It can cut a wide variety of things, including aluminum, wood, fiberglass, vinyl siding, laminate, and plastics.
- It has a 1/8-inch diameter steel shank which allows the user to cut even larger pieces of material.
- It has an ultra-fast cutter.
- It is convenient for versatile cutting.
- Easy to use
- It is cheap
- When cutting materials, the fragments go everywhere since there is no part or accessory that limits where they should go.
- Sometimes it burns wood and melts plastic when cutting
- Question: Can thick Plexiglas be cut with this and not be damaged?
Answer: It cuts well up to 0.125 inches thick, and I would advise you to find other better-suited blades if Plexiglas is thicker than that.
- Question: Can it be used for metal cutting?
Answer: Yes and no, as it can be able to cut thin metal sheets, and it will be unable to cut thick ones.
- Question: Can the MM300 use this?
Answer: No, this will only work on rotary tools.
This product is easy to use and is a fast cutter. Therefore, the product is time-saving and does not require much expertise. If you are looking for such a product, this will be of most value for your money.
PROMMON 5Pcs Ti-coated Saw Blades Rotary Tool & 5Pcs Stainless Steel Wood Cutting Wheel Saw Blade Discs & 2Pcs 3mm Twist Drill Bit For Prommon Dremel Rotary Tools Pack Of 12Pcs
This product does a good job when it comes to cutting as they are fast and efficient, and they produce a pretty smooth end product. They do consume a significant amount of power, so you will be required to change the battery or recharge it often.
- Features and specs
It is used on various tools such as rotary and electric power tools for cutting plastic, wood, and metal.
The 0.125-inch mandrel shank is available in 32mm, 22mm, 35mm, 25mm, and 44mm diameter ranges.
Includes a bore with a 6mm diameter, which is titanium coated, and it has been manufactured from high-speed-steel.
- The high-quality steel that it is made from makes it long-lasting and firm.
- It is multipurpose as it can be used to cut various things such as aluminum, fiberglass, soft metal, copper and wood, and other similar soft materials.
- Its steel blades ensure you get a fast, smooth and accurate cut.
Consumes quite a bit of power, which will be an added cost of working with these products.
It drains batteries pretty fast; some it might not be operational for a significant amount of time as you will be required to recharge or replace them.
- Question: Will it work with a standard electric drill?
Answer: Yes, they fit, although this is not the most suitable drill for them, and you would be better off using another more suitable drill.
- Question: Do they work well?
Answer: Yes, they did work well when I used them to cut a pipe made of aluminum.
- Question: Do they work on the Dremel 8220?
Answer: If it has a shank size off 0.125 inches, then yes.
This product is the budget pick if you’re short on money and with the high-speed-steel make it long-lasting; therefore, it will serve you well and long.
Dremel SM700 Piece, Saw Max Cutting Kit for Wood
The Dremel SM700 comes with seven wheels by SAW-MAX, which provide different options for cutting, and you are assured of getting the most value from this product.
- Features and Specs
It has seven different wheels by SAW-MAX, which can cut various things such as wood, plastic, cement, brick, drywall, and other similar materials.
It comes with usage information for material and also application.
It includes one SM500 wheel for wood and plastics, one SM540 Wheel for tile, two SM520 wheels for masonry, and three SM510 wheels for metal cutting to complete the seven wheelsets.
- The seven cutting wheels let you do many different kinds of cutting work.
- It can cut many different materials such as wood, plastic, cement, brick, drywall, and other similar materials.
- Its usage information provides you with the know-how of using the wheels.
- It is expensive.
- Depending on what you are cutting like metals or masonry work, the wheels have a short usage life of around five to ten cuttings.
- Question: Do they fit the Rockwell Versacut?
Answer: No, they are not compatible.
- Question: What is the size of the blade?
Answer: It has a 3-inch SAW-MAX wheel blade.
- Question: Are the blades adjustable and what is the most depth in which the blade will extend.
Answer: It is adjustable, which enables you to reach a maximum depth of 0.75 inches.
This product might not be the budget pick, but you are sure to get your money’s worth as you can do multiple cuttings of different materials with it.
Dremel US700 Ultra-Saw 6-Piece Cutting Wheel Kit for Wood
This Dremel US700 Ultra saw kit would enable you to cut a wide variety of things such as metal, wood, tiles, laminates, plastic, and many more, which ensures you get the most value from this product.
- Features and Specs
It has six Ultra-Saw cutting wheels.
It has one US540 wheel for cutting tiles.
It includes two US500 wheels for wood cutting.
It has three US510 wheels for metal cutting.
It comes with usage information for materials and also applications.
- Its six wheels enable you to do different cuttings on a wide variety of materials such as wood, metals, tiles, and many more.
- The usage information it comes with will provide you with the technical know-how of using the product.
- You get a fast and accurate cut with this product.
- The blades are not that long-lasting as they wear off quickly.
- The product is quite expensive.
- Question: Can you cut Plexiglas with one of the blades?
Answer: Yes, the plastic cutting wheel is the most efficient at cutting Plexiglas.
- Question: Which wheel do I use when cutting drywall?
Answer: I find the US500 wheel for wood cutting is the most efficient when drywall cutting.
- Question: Are the wheels compatible with the US40-01 ultra-saw?
Answer: Yes, all the wheels will fit the US40-01 ultra-saw.
Dremel MM389 Cutting Accessory Kit for Cutting Wood, 5-Piece
This product comes with five blades that can be used to cut various kinds of materials like wood, metal, drywall, plastics, and many more. It also comes with a reusable storage case.
- Features and Specs
It comes with five wheels by Multi-Max, which can be used to cut a wide variety of materials such as wood, metal, drywall, plastics, and much more.
It includes a reusable storage case.
It has usage information for materials and their applications.
MM480 blade for wood cutting.
MM482 blade for wood or metal cutting.
Three MM450 blades for wood or drywall cutting.
It includes an MM300 universal adapter.
- The blades can be quickly and easily changed.
- The storage case is reusable; therefore, you can use it for a more extended period without having to get a new one.
- It comes with information that lets you know what applications and also the materials this on which the product can be used.
- It is a little bit more expensive when compared to similar products.
- The blades wear of quickly needing constant replacement.
- Sometimes the blades become too hot and can melt the plastic
- Question: Can I cut any type of material using any wheel?
Answer: Yes, you can cut any material using any of the five wheels.
The Multi-Max blades have undergone tests to ensure they have endurance when it comes to practical applications; this ensures you get the most value from this product when you purchase it.
Dremel MM720 Yoke Cutting Accessory Kit
Dremel MM720 Yoke Cutting Accessory Kit is an oscillating tool that has been made for sanding as well as detailed cutting. It’s the best overall when it comes to its capability to cut wide. This tool can cut a wide variety of things, such as metals, plastics, and wood.
- Features and Specs
It comes with seven cutting blades.
It includes four blades for spiral cutting.
It includes three blades for saw cutting.
It has one blade for carbide sanding.
It is cheap when compared to similar products.
- It is one of the best when it comes to detailed cutting in either wood or plastics.
- It has one of the best capabilities when it involves wideness.
- It can cut a wide range of materials, including metals, plastics, and wood.
- The blades can be easily broken when carrying out difficult tasks.
- Question: Where can I get spiral blades for replacement?
Answer: You will find all these products are available online.
- Question: Will the blades work if I want to trim or when coping baseboard?
Answer: Yes, the blades can do both.
- Question: Does the set also include the yoke?
Answer: Yes, all the sets I have come across come with both the yoke and the blades.
This product is one of the best if not the best when it comes to the capability to cut wide, and for this, you get a one of a kind product, if you choose to purchase it.
Dremel MM480B Wood Flush Cut Blades for Cutting Wood, 3-Pack
MM480 can make cuttings of 2 inches by 4 inches. These blades will ensure you get a precise cut that enables easy installations of both wall trim and flooring. It is used on a wide variety of products such as wood, drywall also plastics, and other similar soft materials.
- Features and Specs
The blades are made of a steel blade of a high carbon material, which ensures you get the optimum performance when wood cutting.
It allows you to do cuttings on a width of 2inches by 4 inches.
This product is durable and is bound to serve you well for a more extended period.
- It is capable of making cuttings in a wide range of things such as wood, drywall also plastics and other similar soft materials
- The blades are made of high-quality steel, which is made from high carbon; this makes the blades long-lasting and durable.
- Its blades cannot work on rotary tools.
- Question: Do the blades work on the MM45?
Answer: Yes, they will fit and work well on it.
- Question: What are the dimensions of each of the three blades?
Answer: All of the blades have the same dimensions, which are 1-1/4-inch-wide and 1-5/8 inches deep.
Question: Are the blades universal?
- Answer: No, they fit Dremel alone, but you can still buy adapters for them, but I would not advise you to do that.
This product undergoes testing from third parties, which guarantees transparency, and you are positive that you are getting the best overall when purchasing this product.
BaiFM 20PCS Wood/Metal Oscillating Multitool Quick Release Saw Blades Fit Fein Multimaster Porter Cable Black & Decker Bosch Dremel Craftsman Ridgid Ryobi Makita Milwaukee Dewalt Rockwell
This product comes with 20 blades for cutting metal and also wood. The steel is made from high carbon, which enables fast cutting and gives them high endurance. This product is going to serve you well and will last for a longer time compared to similar products.
- Features and specs
It has 20 blades that can be used on either wood or metal.
Has systems such as Hex Screw and a quick release, which enables easy removal of the blades.
- Its steel is made from high carbon, which makes the blades durable.
- It can fit various tools like Rockwell Hyperlock, Black decker, portable cable.
- These blades are included in a professional pack and have a very practical use in construction sites.
- It does not fit the Dremel MM45, MM40 Fein SuperCut, Rockwell Bolt on and the Bosch MX30
- Question: If I do not add an adapter, will these blades still work on a Dewalt DCS355B?
Answer: Yes, you won’t be needing an adapter as these blades are compatible with Dewalt multipurpose tools.
- Question: Is the Porter Cable compatible with the oscillating blades?
Answer: Yes, the blades do fit on the Porter-Cable.
- Question: Will these blades cut tile?
Answer: I would not recommend it, but if you plan on doing demoing work, the best option for you is a diamond blade, which also works well on either wood or metal.
This product is one of the best Dremel bit for wood cutting. When it comes to practical use, it is mostly used by professionals in construction sites; therefore, you are guaranteed to get the best value if you plan on purchasing it.