If you like doing woodwork, then you are probably aware that a router table is one of the best overall accessories to have at your workshop. For you to get the most value out of your router table, it’s imperative to have a right table top. This article provides an elaborate review of the best router table tops for the budget pick and for the best outcome.
- Best Router Table Tops on the markets
- 1. Kreg prs1025 router table top -The best in the market
- 2. Rockler High-Pressure Laminate Router Table Top – The most stable router table top
- 3. Woodpeckers RT2432-PH Phenolic Router Table Top, 24-Inch x 32-Inch – The most durable Router Table top
- 4. JessEm Mast-R-Top 24″ x 32″ Phenolic Router Table Top, JessEm# 03006 – The most reliable router table top
- 5. Incra 24″ X 32″ Center Mount Router Table Top – Easiest router table top in the market to change plates
Best Router Table Tops on the markets
Here is our top picks of the best 5 Router Table Tops.
1. Kreg prs1025 router table top -The best in the market
With its 1″ thick(25mm) core steel reinforcing struts, you get a flat, rigid top that absorbs vibrations, and the steel reinforcing struts can handle heavyweights of routers preventing sagging from occurring. It is a durable Easy-Slide™ low-friction surface that makes sliding workpieces across the surfaces very easy. Also, the top gets protection from irregularities such as bumps or abrasions.
Comes with the Heavy-duty 3/8″ x 91/4″ x 113/4″ (9mm x 235mm x 298mm) insert plate, which can handle large routers easily. Versatile Level-Loc Reducing Rings lock in level and flush with plate surface with included ring wrench when the brass starter pin ensures freehand routing a controlled bit contact.
You also get accurate router centering and mounting from the laser engraved pattern on the underside of the plate. The table top surfaces are kept perfectly flush thanks to the four Precision Insert Plate levelers.
This versatile table top is made from durable anodized aluminum, and it usually works with standard (3/8″ x 3/4″) miter gauge guide bars.
- Effective vertical jointer: Has independent sliding faces of the fence that allows the table to serve as a vertical jointer.
- Accuracy: Bottom-up insert plate for leveling accuracy.
- Cleanliness: The vacuum shroud enables a clean and tidy workstation.
- Strong Top: It has as an edge-banded, reinforcement MDF top that makes the table top strong.
- Lack of cabinets: It does not contain a tool cabinet.
- Insufficient router holes: It does not contain additional router holes.
The FAQ on Kreg prs1025 router table top
- Can you use a feather board vertically and horizontally on this unit?
Answer: It can be used in both positions. The T track in the fence enables you to mount it vertically.
- What is the thickness of the table top?
Answer: The benchtop is one inch thick.
In summary, Kreg prs1025 router table top is a fantastic router table top that suits every woodworker’s needs. You will find this product valuable and feel comfortable working with it. the table top will also serve you for a long time being that they are very durable.
2. Rockler High-Pressure Laminate Router Table Top – The most stable router table top
This High-Pressure Laminate table top is designed with a variety of configured packages to meet your needs. They include a dual-track miter slot in the table and a white surface, which vastly improves the HPL visibility, and with the 1-1/8″ MDF tables, it can handle even the largest routers. It’s optimized for precision thanks to the 1/4″ aluminum plates that are CNC machined flatted.
You get to use precision aftermarket gauges thanks to the 3/4″ T-profile miter slot while the adjacent universal T-track accepts feather boards, stops, hold-downs, and more.
The HPL is built from 1-1/8″ thick MDF core that is sandwiched between high-pressure laminators for smooth lo friction routing.
- Improved Visibility: The white surface offers excellent visibility.
- Smooth Surface: 3/8” thick phenolic router plate offers good flatness, rigidity, and low-friction sliding.
- Stiff Top: Extruded aluminum fence backer provides a stiff, straight reference surface when routing.
- Durability: The table top is long-lasting since it is made of aluminum, a material that is strong and sturdy
- Pricey: the table top is relatively costly compared to other similar tools from other manufacturers.
3. Woodpeckers RT2432-PH Phenolic Router Table Top, 24-Inch x 32-Inch – The most durable Router Table top
Features and specifications
This 24 x 32 x 3/4″ thick router table top has a low friction wear surface, which isn’t affected by water, heat, or humidity. It includes three bolted in, embedded combination T-track and T-miter channel, which makes adjustability simple. You can attach the table to its stable stands using the pre-drilled steel that comes with the product. The product is reliable and long-lasting because it has been made using Phenolic.
- Low friction surface: The surface of the table top is advanced to make it a low friction surface. It therefore does not wear out very easily.
- Adaptable: The table top can survive in any type of climate including places with high temperature and humidity.
- Adjustable: The stands of the table top are easily adjustable. The user can therefore adjust the table top to the desired height.
- Separate Mounting Table: The router tabletop does not come with a mountain table. The buyer therefore, has to purchase the mounting table separately which makes the product more expensive and its purchase more cumbersome.
- Limited accessibility: The router tabletop is ineligible for shipping internationally. Interested international users do not therefore have the chance to use the product.
4. JessEm Mast-R-Top 24″ x 32″ Phenolic Router Table Top, JessEm# 03006 – The most reliable router table top
Features and specifications
This router is made from Phenolic, which is one of the most reliable, most stable, and durable materials available for an industrial-strength work surface. For woodworking pros, Phenolic is the material of choice and virtually renders melamine as an obsolete option for long term professional use. It comes with a 3/4″ thick phenolic material which will not warp, sag, swell or corrode.
The 32″ wide router table top is 24″ front to back with a centered router opening with a rabbeted 9-1/4″ x 11-3/4″ opening supports most standard router plates and lifts. Its underside has a pre-drilled for JessEm router table fences and steel router table stand with an extruded aluminum track with 1/4″ T-slot and standard 3/4″ miter slot.
- Durability: The tool is made from a phenolic material which one of the best which ensures it lasts longer.
- Stability: The table top is stable since it is made of strong materials.
- Adaptability: It supports most standard router plates and lifts.
- There are no disadvantages of the product documented so far.
In summary, this router table top is made from the highest quality material Phenolic, which ensures a long-lasting and durable product. This product is suitable for professional woodworking, and it will serve you well for a long time without losing its quality or stability.
5. Incra 24″ X 32″ Center Mount Router Table Top – Easiest router table top in the market to change plates
Features and specifications
This 24″ X 32″ Center Mount Table is preferable when using the Wonder Fence without a positioner. It comes with pre-drilled offset style tables for mounting the Ls Positioner direct. The Incra’s plate leveling system has the flat head levelers on the table that are accessed through the ten access holes that are to be found around the perimeter of the mounting plate.
It features a 1-1/4″ MDF substrate with a high-pressure horizontal grade phenolic laminate top and bottom. You also get a 3/8″ solid aluminum router mounting plate that includes a MagnaLOCK™ Magnetic Throat Plate System. This high energy magnets hold the plate secure and flush every time, and the mounting plate also has three laser cutthroat plates with a 1″, 2-1/8″ and 3-5/8″ opening.
- Stability: Unlike typical router plate leveling set screws to dig into the table’s recess, therefore, requiring constant readjustments, the Incra’s plate leveling system places the flat head levelers in the table instead of the router mounting plate and doesn’t suffer similar issues.
- Easy to change plates: The MagnaLOCK System makes changing the throat plates extremely simple.
- Limited compatibility: The table top is only compatible with the Stand Alone 37″ Wonder Fence which limits the type of fence that one can use in their workshops.
In summary, the Incra 24″ X 32″ Center Mount Router Table Top is high quality with some of the best technologies in the router table industry that makes woodworking easy and more efficient. The convenience is a fantastic product that will serve you well.
FAQ About Various Router Table Tops with Different Features
- Which is the best choice for a stable Router Table Top?
Answer: The most stable router table top to go for is the Rockler High-Pressure Laminate Router Table Top
- Which is the router table top that I should go for when I’m looking for one that will serve me a for a long time?
Answer: Woodpeckers RT2432-PH Phenolic Router Table, 24-Inch x 32-Inch is the most durable table top since it has a low friction table top. It is also not affected by extreme temperatures that otherwise wear out tools very easily.
It is everyone’s desire to produce excellent outcome out of what they do in life. Woodwork is no exception. When working on wood, various tools are essential to enable any artisan produce the best products. Router table tops is an elemental part of any artisan’s workshop.
It is worth noting however, that although there are many router table tops manufacturers in the market, it is imperative to scrutinize through the various products to find out the best out of all of them.
This article provides a review for the best router table tops you can find in today’s market. The article goes an extra mile to categorize the table tops in terms of stability, cost-effectiveness, Reliability and durability. The user should choose the best tool depending on the choices and preferences they have as well as the features they are looking for in the tool.